White Bean Chicken Chili
Prep Time: 50 mins | 6 Servings
Nothing beats a hot and hearty dish on a cold evening while you’re sitting by the fire watching your favorite tuna documentary. Rich and warming, this white bean chicken chili comes together with minimum effort and maximum comfort, so you can get cozy quickly and dig right in.
- 3 cans (5 oz) Premium White Chicken in Water, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1 can (4 oz) green chiles
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat mexican blend cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, optional
- 1 ounce lightly crushed tortilla or corn chips
In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the chicken, cumin, oregano, and chili powder. Cook, stirring until ingredients are well combined, about 2 minutes. Add 1 can of the beans, kale, chicken broth, and green chilis. Bring the mixture to a simmer, scraping any bits that cling to the bottom of the pan.
Mix 1/2 cup of the broth in the chili with the second can of beans, puree in a blender until smooth, about 1 minute. Stir into chili until combined. Simmer for 25 minutes until the liquid has reduced by about half and the chili has thickened.
Add the red pepper flakes and simmer for another 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Top each serving with cilantro, cheese, and crushed tortilla chips.