Tuna Scotch Egg By Sam the Cooking Guy®
Prep Time: 30 mins | 2 Servings
Crispy brown exterior. Soft deviled-egg center. With a delicious layer of Solid White Albacore Tuna salad. This tuna take on the classic Scotch Egg from tuna fan, Sam the Cooking Guy®, is the ultimate appetizer to appease and please the most cynical amongst us. They’ll go fast, so make some extra for yourself and your guests.
- 2 (12 oz.) cans Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna, drained
- 1/3 cup dill, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Salt &pepper to taste
- 2 cups avocado or peanut oil
- 1 cup mixed tuna, from above
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 2 eggs, beaten in a medium bowl
- 1 cup all purpose flour in a medium bowl
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs in a medium bowl
Put oil in a medium pot and slowly heat to 350 degrees.
Flat out 1/2 cup of the tuna mix in your hand and wrap around hard boiled egg as tightly as possible.
Dip tuna wrapped egg in flour, ensuring it’s evenly covered, then into the beaten egg, letting excess drip off and finally cover in the Panko crumbs.
Place egg in heated oil and cook until golden brown – about 3-5 minutes
Let cool, then serve. Optionally serve with salsa or other dipping sauce.
Save remainder of tuna mix in air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.