Mediterranean Egg Muffin Cups
Prep Time: 25 mins | 2 Servings
The Mediterraneans are onto something. (They do have a whole diet named after them, after all.) Light, fresh, full of flavor, these tasty Mediterranean morsels feature the classico flavors of sun dried tomato and basil in an easy-made egg muffin that’s so good, you’ll never go for those other breakfast muffins again.
- 1 Bumble Bee Tuna Sundried Tomato Pouch (1 SP)
- ¼ cup frozen spinach
- 4 Eggs
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese (1 SP)
- 1 teaspoon chopped basil½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Tomato Basil Salad
- 1 ½ cups grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- ¼ avocado (2 SP)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat balsamic vinaigrette (2 SP)
- 1 English muffin (4 SP)
Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 6-muffin cup tray with silicon baking cups.
Defrost spinach and drain excess liquid out by pushing it against a fine mesh strainer or squeezing it in a towel.
Mix all egg cup ingredients together then evenly divide mixture into prepared muffin cups.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until the tops of the egg cups are no longer jiggly.
Meanwhile, stir together tomato, basil, avocado and balsamic vinaigrette.
Once cool enough to touch, remove eggs from silicon cups and serve 3 per person along with half the tomato-basil salad and half a toasted English muffin.