Shrimp Cocktail Lettuce Cups
Prep Time: 10 mins | 8 Servings
Dipping shrimp is a thing of the past. A contemporary take on the classic shrimp cocktail, chunks of shrimp and egg are tossed with a tangy cocktail sauce and placed in delicate lettuce cups. It not only looks better than the old cup, but it’s also high in protein and low in saturated fat.
- 1 can (6 oz) Medium Shrimp, drained
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 medium Bibb or Butter lettuce leaves
In a medium bowl, stir together ketchup, horseradish, salt, lemon juice, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce until well combined. Add shrimp, egg, onion, and pepper, gently folding ingredients until combined.
Place 1/8 of the mixture on each lettuce cup. Top each with fresh cilantro.