Remember sitting at a restaurant and seeing that sizzling plate of fajitas walk by in the waiter’s hand? Well, no more drooling over missing out. This simple shrimp fajitas recipe brings all that sizzling flavor home.
- 4 cans (4 oz) Medium Shrimp, drained
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 8 mini 5 inch corn tortillas or 4 fajita size flour tortillas
- 1 tomato, diced (optional)
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and diced (optional)
- Wedge of lemon
- Tabasco sauce as desired
In large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat and add onions, peppers and garlic. saute for 8 minutes or until tender. Add cilantro, shrimp and lemon pepper stir gently until heated through.
Serve warm, spoon shrimp fajita mixture into tortillas. Serve with tomato and avocado, as desired.