Seafood Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps
Prep Time: 30 mins | 4 Servings
Brilliance strikes when you least expect it. Sometimes it’s in the shower. Sometimes it’s on the open sea. Sometimes it’s eating seafood and thinking, “this would be pretty darn good stuffed in a portobello.” Turns out stuffing meaty Portobello mushroom caps with warm shrimp and crab isn’t just a stroke of seafood genius, it’s also a simple gourmet way to put some veggies on your plate.
Serve with a side of greens tossed with vinaigrette.
- 1/2 can (4 oz) BUMBLE BEE® Premium Select Tiny Shrimp, drained
- 1 can (6 oz) BUMBLE BEE® Premium Select Wild Fancy Lump Crab Meat
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup toasted whole wheat bread crumbs, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, divided
- 4 large portobello mushrooms caps, stems removed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, mix egg, green onion, yogurt, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and pepper together until combined. Gently fold in 1/2 the parmesan cheese, shrimp, crab, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, and 1 tablespoon parsley.
Fill each mushroom cap with 1/4 of the stuffing. Top each with remaining Parmesan, bread crumbs, and chopped parsley. Brush the outside of each mushroom caps with olive oil.
Bake for 15 minutes, or until mushrooms are golden and tender.