Spicy Bacon Crab Cakes
Prep Time: 45 mins | 4-6 Servings
Crab cakes with bacon. That’s everything we have to say — oh, and there’s a great spicy dipping sauce.
- 2, 6 oz. cans Bumble Bee® Lump Crabmeat, drained and rinsed
- 8 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup breadcrumbs¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2-4 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
In a pan over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Set aside cooked bacon and remove all, but 2 tablespoons bacon grease.
To bacon grease in pan, add olive oil, bell pepper, onion and garlic and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
In a large bowl use hands to mix together bacon, cooked pepper mix, crab, breadcrumbs, cayenne, lemon juice and parsley.
Turn oven on to broil and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Roll crab mix into 1 tablespoon sized balls and press to form crab cakes about the size of a silver dollar and ½ inch thick.
Place cakes on parchment and broil 2-4 minutes on each side until golden.
Meanwhile combine mayo, sriracha and Worcestershire and chill until ready to serve.
Serve crab cakes with sauce and (optional) sprinkled with extra red onion, red bell pepper, parsley and bacon.