- 1 can (3.75 oz) Smoked Oysters, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dry oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 package (16 oz) rotini or other dry pasta
- Garnish with fresh parsley as desired
Prepare pasta according to package directions, set aside.
Melt margarine or butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour. Slowly add milk, stirring until smooth. Stir in garlic salt, basil, and oregano.
Cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Add cheese and stir in oysters, cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.
Serve over pasta. Garnish with fresh parsley as desired.