Stuffed mushrooms make the perfect boat for our oysters, soaking in all the rich smoky flavor in the filling. They’re seemingly decadent. Deceptively simple. And you don’t have to cook that much. So go ahead, stuff that ship up with these mighty morsels and watch your guests ask where you got the recipe (which is below).
- 1 can (3.75 oz) Smoked Oysters, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 pound medium size mushrooms, stems removed
- Pimento chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In medium skillet heat oil. Add onion and garlic. Cook over low heat 1 minute. Stir in oysters, bread crumbs, cheese and wine; mix well.
Fill each mushroom cap with oyster mixture. Place in un-greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Garnish with chopped pimento.