Quick Tuna Curry
Prep Time: 10 mins
When you’re tired of the same ol’ same ol’, this delicious, nutritious palate pleaser wraps our tuna in a Traditional Indian curry of aromatic spices, onions, peppers, and tomatoes. Trust us, it’s a real trip for your tastebuds — and you don’t have to order out.
Quick, delicious, and no delivery fee.
- 1-12 oz can or 2-5 oz cans Solid White Albacore Tuna; well-drained
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion; diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 bell peppers; diced
- 4 cloves garlic; minced/grated
- 1-14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp chili powder +/- to heat-taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/3 tsp salt +/- to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper +/- to taste
- Cooked basmati rice
- Fresh chopped cilantro to garnish (optional)
Open and strain the tuna until completely drained.
Measure the spices, together or separately; set aside. Heat a large pan/skillet on medium high, once hot, add the oil. Add the onions and cook for 3 minutes or until they begin to soften.
Add the garlic and bell peppers, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add all the spices, mix into the onions and peppers, allow to bloom. Once fragrant, add the tomatoes and cook until the liquid has been absorbed. Add the coconut milk, mix well and reduce heat to medium and cook down to desired thickness; 5-7 minutes.
After the curry has reached the desired consistency, reduce heat to low and gently fold the tuna in. Serve over hot basmati rice and garnish with optional cilantro; enjoy.