Salmon Salad Sandwich
Prep Time: 15 mins
The lesser-known cousin of the ever-delicious tuna salad sandwich, our sweet and tangy salmon salad packs a delectable flavor of its own — combining dill, celery, onion, and lemon for a sammy that’ll knock your britches off. And it’s an inexpensive source of proteins and omegas. Winner winner salmon dinner. Or lunch. Dinner just sounded better.
- 1 can or pouch (5 oz) Pink Salmon, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Lettuce and tomato if desired
- 4 thick slices rustic bread such as focaccia
Combine salmon, green onion, celery, dill, lemon juice, seasoned salt and mayonnaise. Spread 1/2 cup of salmon mixture on both slices of bread.
Add lettuce and tomato if desired. Close sandwich.
Makes 2 sandwiches.
For one serving (204g) Calories 420(from Fat 250), Fat 27g (Saturated 3.5g), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 1030mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g, Fiber 3g, Sugars 2g, Protein 20g.