New England Clam Chowder
A clam chowder that’s easy to make and delicious to eat. This simple Bumble Bee version includes smoky bacon for added flavor.
- 2 cans (10 oz) whole Baby Clams, drained (reserve liquid) and minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 3 medium potatoes, boiled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 6 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
In skillet, heat oil and saute onion and celery until tender; set aside.
In medium stockpot, melt margarine and add flour; stir until smooth. Add milk and reserved clam juice; stir until slightly thickened.
Add cooked celery and onion, potatoes, minced clams, and bacon. Stir over low heat until well combined. Do not boil.