Mediterranean Tuna Salad
Prep Time: 20 mins | 8 Servings
You’ll love the Mediterranean spin on this easy tuna salad with crisp cucumbers, chickpeas and Kalamata olives. Spread on toasted crostini’s, on toasted sourdough bread or spoon into a study Romaine lettuce and enjoy as a wrap!
- 2 (5oz.) cans Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore in Water, drained
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (1 cup dry)
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, halved
- 1 Tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
- ½ cucumber, quartered
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped (1 tsp. dried)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (optional)
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
First, make the quinoa according to package directions. 1 cup of dry quinoa will yield ~3 cups. Once cooked, let the quinoa cool. I like to make the quinoa in advance so the quinoa has a chance to cool completely and isn’t hot or warm when you mix it in with the other fresh ingredients.
Then in a bowl or measuring cup, whisk together all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette dressing. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix the quinoa with the tuna, celery, red onion, garbanzo beans, Kalamata olives, mint, cucumber and cherry tomatoes. Gently toss and pour the dressing over all of these ingredients. Mix well. Top with diced avocado and garnish with more mint if desired.
Serve with bread or on crostini’s.