Mediterranean Tuna Melt
Take your melt on a trip to the Mediterranean, and bask in this beautiful blend of tuna with hummus, red onion, sun-dried tomatoes, pepperoncini, and artichoke hearts under a sea of melted cheese.
- 1 (5oz) can Bumble Bee® Prime Solid Light Tuna - Tonno in Olive Oil, drained
- ¼ cup hummus
- 3 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sundried tomatoes in oil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pepperoncini, chopped
- ¼ cup artichoke hearts, chopped (we used canned)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 4 provolone cheese slices
- Crusty bread, 4 slices (we used whole grain sourdough)
In a large bowl, mix together Bumble Bee Tuna, hummus, red onion, sundried tomatoes, pepperoncini, artichoke hearts, salt and pepper.
Butter one side of each slice of bread with 1 teaspoon of butter. In a large sauté pan over medium-low heat.
Place 1 slice of bread in pan, butter side down, then top with ½ of tuna mixture, 2 slices cheese and a slice of bread on top, butter side up.
Cook 3-5 minutes until bread is golden brown.Carefully flip sandwich over and cook another 3-5 minutes until other slice of bread is golden.
Remove first sandwich from heat and repeat with second (or if your pan is big enough you can do both at once!).
Slice each sandwich in half and serve immediately.