Tuna & Tomato Soup
Prep Time: 1.5 hour | 4-6 Servings
Recipe by: Well+Good, Chef Carla Contreas
- 2 cans (5 oz.) Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 6-10 cranks freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 carrot, diced small (about ½ cup)
- ½ onion, diced small (about 1 cup)
- 2 celery stalks, diced small (about ½ cup)
- 1 garlic clove, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 can (28 oz.) tomato puree
- 1 can (28 oz.) tomato cubed
- 1 can (32 oz.) chicken or veggie broth
- 10 oz. baby spinach
- 1 lb. tortellini pasta, cooked (optional)
In a large pot, like a Dutch oven, add olive oil and diced onion. Cook on medium low for 5 to 7 minutes or until slightly golden and translucent. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Add carrot and celery, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic, and cook for one to two minutes longer.
Add the apple cider vinegar and cook until almost gone (1 to 2 minutes). Add the bone broth and cook for 45 minutes on medium.
Add the spinach, tuna (leave it chunky, if possible), and cooked pasta.
Season with salt and pepper to taste (about ⅛ tsp of salt and three to five cranks of freshly ground pepper). Store in the fridge for up to three days, or freeze up to one month.