Tuna Zoodle Casserole
Prep Time: 1 hour 15 mins | 4 Servings
A classic dish gets a modern makeover with this dish where zucchini is sliced into noodle shapes and used in place of traditional pasta. The creative swap lightens up the dish and adds fiber and flavor.
- 2 cans (5 oz) Bumble Bee ® Chunk Light or Solid White Tuna in Water, drained
- 2 small zucchini
- 1/2 cup rice flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces cremini (baby bella) mushrooms (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oi
Preheat oven to 350F. Cut stem and bottom end off the squash. Using a mandolin with a julienne blade, or a vegetable spiralizer, create noodles out of squash. Place in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle on rice flour and parmesan, tossing to coat noodles. Add the cheddar cheese, mushrooms, peas, salt, thyme, carrots, garlic, and tuna and toss to evenly distribute all Ingredients throughout the squash noodles. Coat a 9″ x 4″ height casserole pan with the olive oil, and place the noodle mixture into it. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove and allow to cool at room temp for 10 minutes. Serve warm.