Tuna Melt with Tomato & Broccolini by Sam the Cooking Guy®
Prep Time: 10 mins | 4 Servings
A mover and shaker in the melt game, Sam the Cooking Guy® gives the classic tuna melt a makeover in this revolutionary tuna melt recipe with tomato and broccolini.
- 2 – 5oz cans Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna, drained
- 1 bunch broccolini, thick stems removed
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ⅓ cup finely diced green onions, white & light green parts only
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 avocado, diced fairly small
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 baguette, sliced horizontally
- 4 vine ripened tomatoes, cut into ⅛ inch slices
- 4 slices Muenster cheese slices, halved
Preheat oven to broil.
Put broccolini in a microwave safe bowl, add 3 tablespoons of water, cover with cling film and microwave 3 minutes. Drain and put broccolini into ice water to stop cooking, let sit 2 minutes.
Drain the broccolini well, rough chop, and put in a large bowl. Add tuna, red & green onion, red pepper flakes, lemon juice and avocado to the broccolini.
Add 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil, season well with Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper, and mix well. Careful not to over mix.
Drizzle baguette halves with olive oil and put in oven, about 8 inches away from heat source until just barely browned & remove.
Top baguettes with tomatoes, tuna mix, and cheese. Place back in oven until the cheese just begins to melt. Serve while warm.