Tuna Melt Quesadillas
Prep Time: 20 mins | 3-4 Servings
It’s the tuna melt you know in love with a completely delicious twist! Tuna + tortilla + Cheese= Genius.
Recipe by: The Real Food Dietitians
- 2 (5-ounce) cans Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water, drained
- 1 stalk celery, finely minced
- 2 tbsp finely minced onion
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- Juice of ½ lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 corn tortillas (may substitute grain-free tortillas, if desired)
- 1 cup shredded cheese of choice
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- 1 cup pico de gallo (or salsa of choice)
Prepare tuna salad by combining drained tuna, celery, onion, cilantro, mayonnaise, garlic powder, cumin and lime juice in a bowl. Mix with a fork to combine. Set aside.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, lightly spray with cooking spray, if desired.
To assemble quesadillas, sprinkle ½ of the shredded cheese over 4 tortillas.
Using a spoon or fork, give each of the 4 tortillas some of the mashed avocado and gently spread it around the tortillas.
Divide the tuna salad mixture evenly between the tortillas and sprinkle with remaining cheese before topping with remaining tortillas.
Place the tortillas into the hot skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt.