Tuna Melt Quesadillas
Prep Time: 20 mins | 3-4 Servings
- 2 (5-ounce) cans Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water, drained
- 1 stalk celery, finely minced
- 2 tbsp finely minced onion
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- Juice of ½ lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 corn tortillas (may substitute grain-free tortillas, if desired)
- 1 cup shredded cheese of choice
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- 1 cup pico de gallo (or salsa of choice)
Prepare tuna salad by combining drained tuna through lime juice in a bowl. Mix with a fork to combine. Set aside.
Place a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, lightly spray with cooking spray, if desired.
To assemble quesadillas, sprinkle ½ of the shredded cheese over 4 tortillas.
Using a small spoon or fork, dot each of the 4 tortillas with some of the mashed avocado then use the back of the spoon (or fork) to gently spread it without making too much a fuss about it.
Divide the tuna salad mixture evenly between the tortillas and sprinkle with remaining cheese before topping with remaining tortillas.
Place the quesadilla into the hot skillet (you may have to do just one or two at a time depending on the size of your pan) and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt.