Tuna Fried Rice by Sam the Cooking Guy®
Prep Time: 10 mins
Craving fried rice? Skip the takeout order. Filled with a healthy dose of vegetables, this tuna fried rice recipe from Sam the Cooking Guy® is a side dish not to miss, and it takes less than 15 minutes to make.
- 1 (5 oz.) can Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore in Water, drained
- 3 cups of brown rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- ¼ cup carrot, diced small or shredded
- ¼ cup celery, diced small
- ¼ cup red peppers, diced
- ⅓ cup diced yellow onion
- ⅓ cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons of Sriracha
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons green onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Preheat a large skillet over medium/high heat and add oil. Just before the oil smokes, add carrots, celery, red peppers, onions and mushrooms – cook until just softened, 3-4 minutes.
Add rice, stirring often to separate and warm through then add soy, teriyaki, sriracha, and beaten eggs. Stir well to incorporate eggs – they will cook from the heat of rice.
Once eggs have cooked, add Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore in Water and mix carefully trying not to break up tuna too much. Serve tuna fried rice garnished with green onion and sesame seeds.