Asian Tuna Couscous Recipe by Sam the Cooking Guy®
Prep Time: 15 mins | 6 Servings
You don’t have to know what couscous is to know that this Asian Tuna Couscous Recipe from Sam the Cooking Guy is delicious. Go from foodie to chef in just 15 minutes when you whip up this recipe made with Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore Tuna for your friends.
- 2 – 5oz cans Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna, drained
- 1 cup Israeli couscous (pearl couscous)
- Olive oil for frying
- 2 cups water
- Kosher salt
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ⅓ cup finely diced red pepper
- ⅓ cup finely chopped cilantro
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil and add couscous. Stir constantly to lightly ‘toast’ the couscous for 2 -3 minutes.
Add water to the pan to completely cover the couscous. Add a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Turn down heat and cook 7-8 minutes.
While it cooks, combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl, whisk well to combine and set aside.
When couscous is done, remove from heat, drain and put in a large mixing bowl. Add tuna, onion, pepper, cilantro and some dressing to taste – season with Kosher salt.