Shrimp & Oyster Jambalaya
- 3 cans (4 oz) Medium Shrimp, drained
- 1 can (8 oz) Whole Oysters (do not drain), reserve liquid
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Polish or Italian sausage, sliced and quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) stewed diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Drain oysters, saving liquid.
In large skillet, heat oil and fry sausage pieces, green pepper, onion and garlic. Cook five minutes at medium heat. Add tomatoes, rice, spices, oyster liquid and water. Cover tightly. Cook 25-30 minutes at low heat until rice is tender.
Add shrimp, oysters and parsley. Stir gently to heat through. Remove bay leaf before serving.