Sesame Ginger Tuna Lettuce Cups
Prep Time: 10 mins | 3-4 Servings
Lettuce help you out with lunch today. These low carb lettuce cups will keep you full and fueled until dinner!
Recipe by: Marisa Moore
- 2 (2.5 oz.) Bumble Bee® Wild Caught Albacore Tuna in Water pouches
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame or other neutral-tasting oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1½ inch ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 6-8 lettuce cups (Bibb, Butter, or Boston Lettuce work well)
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Sliced green onions, optional but recommended
Whisk together toasted sesame oil, neutral-tasting oil, honey, coconut aminos, ginger, garlic and red pepper in a medium bowl until blended.
Press any excess liquid from the tuna. Add the tuna and shredded carrots to the dressing. Toss to coat.
Place the lettuce cups on a platter or plate. Stuff each lettuce leaf with equal amounts of the ginger dressed tuna. Top with toasted sesame seeds and green onions.