Lemon Pepper Tuna and Asparagus Penne
Prep Time: 15 mins | 2 Servings
When back-to-back meetings put your lunch break in jeopardy, you need a recipe that does flavor in a flash. A recipe with wild-caught premium tuna and irresistibly fresh lemon and asparagus. You need a recipe that takes your taste buds on a gondola ride through canals of olive oil and steamy penne…you know, a recipe like this.
- 1 pouch Bumble Bee® Lemon & Pepper Seasoned Tuna
- 8 ounces dry penne pasta
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large shallot, sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 lemon, seeds removed, sliced thin, or zest of 1 lemon zest (Meyer lemons recommended)
- 2 sundried tomatoes, finely sliced
- 1/2 pound asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 1” pieces
- 3-4 sprigs mint, leaves torn
Boil pasta according to package insturctions in lightly salted water.
Heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat in a saute pan.
Add shallot and lemon slices and cook until wilted, approximately 2-3 minutes.
With 2 minutes remaining in pasta cooking time, add asparagus and tomatoes to the pasta cooking water.
Drain pasta-asparagus-tomatoes, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
Add Lemon & Pepper Seasoned Tuna, pasta, asparagus, tomatoes, and reserved pasta water to the shallots and lemons.
Bring to a simmer and stir to combine.
Divide between 2 plates. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and top with mint leaves.