Tuna Avocado Tartine
Prep Time: 15 mins | 2 Servings
It’s more than your run-of-the-mill avocado toast. There is tuna for added protein and tartine in the title for added fanciness. Do you boo.
Thank you to our friends at Tasty for this creation.
- 3 pouches Bumble Bee® Wild Caught Albacore Tuna in Water Pouch
- ⅓ cup plain full-fat greek yogurt
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, and peeled, and diced
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup red onion, divided, plus 2 tbsp
- ¼ cup small cucumber, diced
- ⅓ cup celery
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus more for garnish
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup cherry tomato, halved, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 4 sourdough bread slices, cut ½-inch thick, toasted
- ⅓ cup radish, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, Greek yogurt and lemon juice. Add ¼ cup red onion, the cucumber, celery, lemon zest, garlic, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes and mix until evenly combined.
Fold in ½ cup of the cherry tomatoes and the tuna.
Fill a small pot halfway with water. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Add the eggs and cook for 6½–7 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare an ice bath in a medium bowl. Remove the eggs from the pot and immediately transfer to the ice bath to cool for 3–4 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, peel and halve the eggs.
To assemble, spread the tuna-avocado mixture over the toasted sourdough bread. Garnishing each slice with 2 halves of a jammy egg, the remaining 2 tablespoons red onion, remaining ¼ cup tomatoes, the radishes, chives, and dill. Finish with a sprinkle of black pepper.