Spicy Salmon Sushi Roll
Prep Time: 15 mins | 4 Servings
Why go out when you can make incredible spicy salmon rolls at home? These rolls offer veggies, whole grains, and lean protein — in a fun form the entire family will surely enjoy.
- 1 can (5 oz) Prime Fillet® Atlantic Salmon, drained and flaked
- 2 cups cooked short grain brown rice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste or powdered wasabi
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 sheets nori edible seaweed
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
Stir vinegar into rice and set aside.
Whisk together yogurt, wasabi, and sesame oil until smooth. Stir in salmon and mix until well combined. Place a piece of plastic wrap onto a sushi mat and top with a piece of nori.
Measure 1 cup rice and form into a firm ball. Press the rice firmly onto the nori until it forms a smooth, flat layer.
Spread half the salmon mixture down the center of the rice, top to bottom, going in the opposite direction that the pieces of the sushi mat lie (so you can roll the mat up). Spread half the onion, carrot, and green onion alongside the salmon.
Gently bring the end of the rice-covered nori up over the salmon filling, using the mat as support. Continue to roll and press until the entire roll is rolled, making sure the plastic wrap is not in the roll.
Slice into 6 pieces. Repeat the process with remaining nori, rice, salmon, and veggies.