Salmon Vegetable Casserole
Prep Time: 40 mins | 6 Servings
An old favorite from when we were just little skippers digging into our parents’ salmon vegetable casserole, daydreaming about the ocean, this dish delivers a heaping helping of superfoods in one heartwarming, hearty, and healthy casserole.
- 1 can (14.75 oz) Salmon, drained and flaked (remove skin & bones as desired)
- 4 ounces dry elbow macaroni
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon dry dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 package (15 1/2 oz) frozen spinach, thawed
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven at 350 degrees F. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
In medium saucepan, saute onions and mushrooms in melted butter. Stir in flour. Add milk, dill and nutmeg stir until mixture boils and thickens about 5 minutes. Combine salmon, spinach, macaroni and almonds in onion mushroom sauce.
Pour into prepared 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese. Bake in oven for 30 minutes.