The Classic Tuna Noodle Casserole
Prep Time: 60 mins | 4 Servings
This recipe needs no introduction. So instead, we’ll give a bit of a history lesson. While many people associate the classic tuna noodle casserole with Middle America and the quintessential 1950s household, it did, according to the internet, first appear as a recipe in a magazine some time in the 1930s from a resident of Kennewick, Washington. While we’ll never know who exactly came up with this beautiful dish, we are forever and ever grateful.
- 2 (5 oz cans) Bumble Bee® Prime Albacore in Olive Oil Tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 cups cooked medium egg noodles
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen peas
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 pound (1 sleeve) saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Prepare pasta noodles according to package directions. Set aside.
Combine tuna, pasta, peas and onion. In a small bowl combine the mushroom and celery soups, milk and pepper. Pour over tuna pasta mixture and toss to combine.
Spread mixture evenly in a prepared 2-quart casserole and top with crushed saltines and cheese. Bake at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes or until golden brown.