Spicy Thai Chili Lettuce Wraps
Prep Time: 15 mins | 4-6 Servings
- 6 (2.5 oz) Spicy Thai Tuna Pouch
- 4 green onions, chopped, divided in half
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- ¼ cup chopped Thai basil
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp Asian red chili paste (sambal)
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tsp honey
- 3 heads of Bibb lettuce – whole leaves separated
- 1 tsp Cilantro or Thai basil for garnish
- 1 tbsp minced green onion
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lime juice
Make the spicy mayo by mixing the 2 chopped green onion, lime juice and mayo together; refrigerate to chill.
Empty tuna pouches into a large bowl.
Add the remaining green onion, jalapeno, red bell pepper, red onion, shredded carrot, peanuts, Thai basil and cilantro to the tuna and gently mix together.
In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, sesame oil, Asian chili paste, sesame seeds and honey. Pour dressing over tuna and mix carefully.
Spoon tuna mixture onto lettuce leaves and top with green onion, lime, mayo sauce
Garnish with cilantro or Thai basil if you like.