Lemon Tuna Cakes
Prep Time: 15 mins | 4-6 Servings
- 4 Bumble Bee® Lemon & Pepper Seasoned Tuna Pouches or Wild Caught Light Tuna Pouches
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup plain panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 4 tbsp panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Olive oil as needed for frying
Empty the tuna pouches in a large mixing bowl.
Next, combine tuna with garlic, onion, salt, pepper, lemon juice and zest, egg, 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs, mayo, 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese and parsley. Mix well.
Combine remaining breadcrumbs and parmesan in a shallow dish. Scoop 1/4 cup of the tuna mixture and form into a patty. Lightly coat with breadcrumbs and parmesan. Continue until tuna mixture is gone.
Add 2 tbsp Olive oil to a pan and fry each patty until nicely browned on each side. Remove from pan and let the cakes rest for 5 minutes.
Serve with arugula or other greens and an aioli if desired.