Prep Time: 45 mins | 4 Servings
You don’t need to go plant-based to get a better burger. The most satisfying of salmon burgers, this recipe puts the bougie in your BBQ without putting a hole in your wallet, and gives you a healthy helping of protein.
- 1 can (14.75 oz) Salmon, drained and flaked (remove skin & bones as desired)
- 1 large fresh egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dry rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, as needed for frying
- 4 hamburger buns
Combine salmon, beaten egg, onion, bell pepper, bread crumbs, lemon juice, lemon peel, rosemary and black pepper. Refrigerate mixture for at least 1/2 hour to set.
Form mixture into 4 patties. Pan fry in vegetable oil until lightly browned on both sides.
Serve on toasted hamburger buns. Top with your favorite condiments, lettuce, tomato and red onion as desired.
Note: Use egg whites or egg substitutes for whole egg if desired for lower cholesterol.