Grilled Cheese with Albacore Tuna by Sam the Cooking Guy®
Prep Time: 30 mins | 4 Servings
According to our friend Sam the Cooking Guy®, this is the less sophisticated cousin of the classic “Monte Cristo,” but easily as good. We agree, but we still feel sophisticated making it.
- 2 5-oz cans Solid White Albacore, drained
- 1/4 cup celery, diced finely
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons Kewpie, Japanese mayonnaise
- 2 dill pickles, diced
- 1 teaspoon of dill pickle juice
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove, smashed with the flat of a knife
- 8 slices of sourdough bread
- 1 bag of Kettle potato chips
- 16 slices of Muenster cheese – enough to cover each slice of bread
Combine tuna, celery, green onion, dill, pickles and mayo – mix well. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
In a small pot, put butter and garlic – allow to melt slowly.
Put on enough cheese to cover one slice of bread. Top with tuna, add a layer of chips, another layer of cheese and top with second piece of sourdough – repeat 3 more times.
Heat a non-stick pan to medium, brush the top of one sandwich with the garlic butter, and place butter-side down in the pan. Cook until golden brown, brush the top with garlic butter and flip and finish cooking.