Grilled Cheese with Albacore Tuna by Sam the Cooking Guy®
Prep Time: 30 mins | 4 Servings
Sam the Cooking Guy really knows how to take meals to the next level. Give your favorite childhood dish an upgrade with this Grilled Cheese with Albacore recipe featuring Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna and garlic butter. Who can resist garlic butter!? This grilled tuna melt recipe will blow you away.
- 2 5-oz cans Solid White Albacore, drained
- 1/4 cup celery, diced finely
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons Kewpie, Japanese mayonnaise
- 2 dill pickles, diced
- 1 teaspoon of dill pickle juice
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove, smashed with the flat of a knife
- 8 slices of sourdough bread
- 1 bag of Kettle potato chips
- 16 slices of Muenster cheese – enough to cover each slice of bread
Combine tuna, celery, green onion, dill, pickles and mayo – mix well. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
In a small pot, put butter and garlic – allow to melt slowly.
Put on enough cheese to cover one slice of bread. Top with tuna, add a layer of chips, another layer of cheese and top with second piece of sourdough – repeat 3 more times.
Heat a non-stick pan to medium, brush the top of one sandwich with the garlic butter, and place butter-side down in the pan. Cook until golden brown, brush the top with garlic butter and flip and finish cooking.