5 Ways To Spring Clean Your Workout Routine
With January being the month of frantic goal setting, March is often the month of “the dip”; the time where avid exercisers start to get sick of their current routines and start to lose motivation. Bored? Here are 5 tips to spring clean your workout routine!
- Hire a Personal Trainer: Studies have shown that working out under close supervision does provide better results, not to mention, allows you to try new things that you may not have thought of yourself. On a budget? Some gyms/trainers offer group sessions!
- Try Something New: Bring the fun back into your workouts by trying a new class. Take it a step further and try something you wouldn’t normally do, like belly dancing or yoga.
- Grab a pal: Many of us get bored working out because we are doing it alone. Grab a friend or family member who has similar goals and plan a workout schedule that works for both of you. Studies have shown that people who work out together tend to stick with it.
- Change the scenery: Work out in a new place to make things more fun! You don’t need to pay big bucks for a fancy resort or vacation to do this. Normally work out at the gym? Try your home, backyard, or a park instead. Sometimes just switching up the scenery can make a huge difference.
- Slow Down: Avoid Over-training. Many people make the mistake of thinking they need to increase/speed up their workout routine because they are bored, when really, they are over-training. Make sure you are taking rest days.
Already have a well balanced plan in place, but just want to give your workout a little something to make it feel different? Trying switching up the order of things, such as the day of the week you do your long run or abs, or reversing the order in which you do your circuits. Making small changes like this will not only make things different and more fun for you, but it also confuses your muscles and provides better results.
Do you have any other tips for Spring cleaning your routine? Share them with us!