Six Nutritious Ways to Use Bumble Bee Products
We keep canned and pouched fish in our pantries at ALL times. It’s one of the few protein sources that is shelf stable and it makes meeting the daily recommendation to eat fish at least twice a week more realistic. We find that lots of people we talk to think that a typical mayo-based tuna salad sandwich is the only thing you can make in a hurry with canned seafood, but that is SO not true. We are sharing six of our favorite meals that use our favorite Bumble Bee products. And, guess what? They’re all ready in under ten minutes.
- Sweet Potato Toast Tuna Melt: Make your favorite tuna salad recipe (Here’s a new one to try.) Slice a sweet potato into 1/4 in slices. Take two slices and put them in the toaster on high. Put them through enough toaster cycles to make them golden on the outside and soft on the inside. Depending on your toaster, this can be 4+ cycles. Top each slice of toast with tuna salad and a sprinkle of your favorite shredded cheese and broil until the cheese melts.
- Salmon Salad Stuffed Avocado. We love using Bumble Bee pouched products like their Albacore Tuna Pouch or Premium Wild Pink Salmon Pouch because they are ready to eat, no draining or can opener required, making them perfect take-to-work or on-the-go options. Make a veggie-packed salmon or tuna salad, using your favorite recipe (We love this Asian Salmon Salad) and adding a handful of chopped crunchy veggies (cucumber, carrots, peppers, celery, etc.) to it. Spoon the salmon salad into the wells of a halved avocado.
- Sesame Tuna Salad Nori Wrap. Make a dressing using soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, and rice wine vinegar and mix with flaked albacore tuna. Or, try this Sesame Tuna Salad recipe from Eating Well Magazine. Take a flat sheet of nori and wrap it around the tuna salad like a burrito.
- Avocado Toast with Smoked Trout and Radish. Toast your favorite bread and spread with mashed avocado, a sprinkle of salt and pepper, smoked trout or sardines, thinly sliced radish, and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Mediterranean Brown Rice and Tuna Pilaf: Toss 2 cups of cooked brown rice with a lightly drained (leave a little of the oil in the tuna) and flaked 5-ounce can of BUMBLE BEE Tonno in Olive Oil, 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts, 2 tbsp chopped olives, 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes, 2 tsp balsamic vinegar, and 1 tsp dried oregano. Serve with a side of roasted veggies or over a bed of greens.
- 15-minute Fish Tacos. Check out these Speedy Salmon Tacos to put dinner on the table in a flash and bring major cheers to mealtime.
What’s your favorite Bumble Bee product? Do you have a creative recipe using it that is FAST? Let us know in the comments!