SAM THE COOKING GUY FACEBOOK® LIVE GIVEAWAY
OFFICIAL RULES (“Official Rules”)
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility and How to Enter:
- Eligibility. Bumble Bee Seafoods’ (“Bumble Bee”) Sam the Cooking Guy Facebook® Live Giveaway (“Giveaway”) is open to those individuals who log in to the Sam The Cooking Guy Facebook® Live Event (the “Event”) with a valid Facebook® account. The winner will be notified by Direct Message (carrier rates may apply) at the end of the event. A person entering the Giveaway (“Entrant”) must be eighteen (18) years of age or older at the date of entry and a legal resident of the United States of America. Entrant cannot be an employee of Bumble Bee, its affiliate or subsidiaries companies, its advertising and promotional agencies (collectively “Promotion Parties”), or members of their respective immediate families. “Immediate families” is defined as parent, siblings, child or spouse, regardless of where they reside. Entries must be made by a human user and by his/her manual keystrokes and not by any automated means.
If it is discovered by Bumble Bee (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by Bumble Bee) that any person has attempted to use multiple names, identities, other accounts, and/or any automated, macros, script, robotic, illicit means or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Giveaway, then he/she will be disqualified and his/her submitted Giveaway entry will be considered null and void in the sole and absolute discretion of Bumble Bee. Bumble Bee reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Entrant, should an Entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information. All entries must be submitted by the individual Entrant submitting his/her personal information and not by any other person, group or organization or by an individual on behalf of another individual. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, falsified, destroyed, mechanically reproduced, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular, or do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions set out in the Official Rules, as determined by Bumble Bee in its sole and absolute discretion, will be judged void and disqualified. Groups, clubs, organizations, business and commercial and non-commercial entities cannot participate. All entries becomes the property of Bumble Bee upon receipt. The odds of winning the Prize depends on the number of eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with the Official Rules during the Promotion Period. Entrant is responsible for being aware of the legality in Entrant’s home state. No purchase necessary. The Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Eligibility restrictions apply. Void where prohibited by law.
- How to Enter. Submit entry for a chance to win the prize (“Prize”). To enter, log into the Event with a valid Facebook® account between 11am and 1pm Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) on September 21, 2017 and leave a comment or “like” the Event (“Entry”). Bumble Bee will rely on information from Facebook® as to the name on the account used to submit the Entry in case of ambiguity. The Entry must fulfill all Giveaway requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a Prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the Official Rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Bumble Bee. Entrant must provide the information requested. If it is determined that an Entrant used fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Official Rules, that Entrant’s submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Bumble Bee. Eligibility restrictions apply. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
- Agreement to the Official Rules: By participating in the Giveaway, the Entrant agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by the Official Rules, and represents and warrants that Entrant meets all the eligibility requirements. In addition, Entrant agrees to accept the decisions of Bumble Bee as final and binding as it relates to the content of the Giveaway. By entering the Giveaway, Entrant agrees that Bumble Bee may post Entrant’s Entry or any part thereof on its Facebook®, Twitter®, Instagram® accounts, its website, or anywhere else legally permitted. Bumble Bee does not guarantee the posting of any Entry. Entrant understands that Entrant’s Facebook® account username and biographical data (as it appears on the Entry) may also be posted in connection with the Giveaway. The Giveaway is hosted by Bumble Bee Foods, LLC dba Bumble Bee Seafoods, which is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook®.
Bumble Bee Foods, LLC dba Bumble Bee Seafoods
280 Tenth Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101
- Promotion Period:
- Promotion Period: The Giveaway will begin on September 21, 2017 from 11 am PDT and will end September 21, 2017 at 1pm, PDT (the “Promotion Period”). All online Entries, must be received by September 21, 2017, 1p PDT.
- Giveaway Winner: Bumble Bee will selected at random one (1) winner from eligible entrants on September 21, 2017 (“Winner”). All decisions are final.
The Prize to be awarded is as follows:
|One (1) Rosle Can Opener||$50 (USD)|
|One (1) Messermeister 9” EZ Grip Tongs||$14 (USD)|
|One (1) Messermeister 7” Vegetable Knife||$130 (USD)|
|Three (3) ‘Sam the Cooking’ Cookbooks||$40 (USD)|
|One (1) Case of Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water.||$45 (USD)|
|TOTAL PRIZE VALUE||$279 (USD)|
All Prize details not specified in the Official Rules will be determined in Bumble Bee’s sole discretion. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following general conditions apply to the Prize: (i) Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash, and there can be no substitutions (except as may otherwise be specifically permitted by Bumble Bee in its sole and absolute discretion); (ii) Bumble Bee reserves the right at any time to: (a) place reasonable restrictions on the availability or use of the Prize or any component thereof; and (b) substitute the Prize or a component thereof for any reason with a Prize or a Prize component of equal or greater value, including, without limitation, but solely at Bumble Bee’s sole discretion, a cash award. The specifics of the Prize shall be solely determined by Bumble Bee. Any and all Prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- Winner Selection and Notification:
- Winner Selection. The Winner will be selected by Bumble Bee on September 21, 2017 (“Selection Date”) amongst all eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with the Official Rules during the Promotion Period.
- Notification. The Winner will be notified by Facebook® Direct Message (carrier charges may apply) or emailwithin five (5) business days of the Selection Date and following the selection of the Winner. Bumble Bee or its designated agent will make a minimum of three (3) attempts to contact the selected Entrant by email. Bumble Bee shall have no liability for the Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for the Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner cannot be contacted within five (5) business days of the Selection Date, or there is a return of any notification as undeliverable, then he/she will be disqualified (and forfeit all rights to his/her Prize) and Bumble Bee reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to randomly select an alternative eligible Entrant from among the remaining eligible entries received in accordance with the Official Rules (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected Entrant). For greater certainty and avoidance of any doubt, Bumble Bee does not have the obligation to select an alternate eligible winner. Prior to being declared the confirmed Winner of the Prize, the eligible selected Entrant will be required to sign and submit the Bumble Bee’s release form within five (5) days of the date indicated on the form, which (among other things): (a) confirms compliance with the Official Rules; (b) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded; and (c) releases Bumble Bee and Facebook® and their respective affiliated and related companies and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability in connection with this Giveaway, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof. If an eligible Winner fails to submit the properly executed Giveaway documents; otherwise fails to comply with the Official Rules; and/or cannot accept the Prize for any reason, then he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit all rights to the Prize. As noted above, in such event, Bumble Bee does not have the obligation to select an alternate eligible Winner. Receipt by the Winner of the Prize offered in the Giveaway is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE WINNER (AT BUMBLE BEE’S SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN THE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS THE WINNER OF THE GIVEAWAY, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS THE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Disputes: THE GIVEAWAY IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Facebook account used to log into the Event will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential Winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Selected Entrant agrees to cooperate in any investigations by Bumble Bee to confirm his/her eligibility and to help ensure that any reference to such potential Winner in advertising or publicity for the Giveaway will not bring Bumble Bee into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Giveaway or Bumble Bee as determined by Bumble Bee in its sole discretion. Except where prohibited by law, Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and cause of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pockets costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Giveaway, but in no event attorneys’ fee; and (iii) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Bumble Bee in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States of America without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. If any provision of the Official Rules is unenforceable, the unenforceability of that provision will not affect the enforceability of the remaining provisions of the Official Rules.
- Terms and Conditions: Bumble Bee reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Bumble Bee’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Giveaway. In such case,Bumble Bee may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Bumble Bee. Bumble Bee reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or website or violates these terms and conditions. Bumble Bee has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Giveaway, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Bumble Bee reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Bumble Bee will not construe or apply the Official Rules in a manner that interferes with, restrains, or prevents employee communications regarding wages, hours or other terms and conditions of employment. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Giveaway-related materials, including, but not limited to: point of sale, television, print or online adverting; the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including, but not limited to trademarks, trade names, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, logos, slogan and representations are owned by Bumble Bee and/or its respective affiliates or authorized licensors. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted materials or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- Release of Liability: Bumble Bee shall not accept any responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by the awarded Prize or the Giveaway itself. By entering, Entrants release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Giveaway or use or misuse of the Prize.
- Limitation of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Entry process or the Giveaway; (iv) technical or human error, which may occur in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; (v) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (vi) any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other electronic devices related to or resulting from downloading any materials for the Giveaway, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Giveaway. If for any reason an Entrant’s Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another Entry in the Giveaway, provided that if it is not possible to award another Entry due to discontinuance of the Giveaway, or any part of it, for any reason, the Bumble Bee, in its sole discretion, may elect to permit the Entry, collect the required personal information from the Entrant. In no event will Bumble Bee be responsible or liable for more that the stated Prize in the Official Rules.
- Winner List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of the Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Fandom Marketing, 101 West Broadway, San Diego, California 92101. Requests must be received no later than September 30, 2017.