Jalapeño Tuna Taco Salad in Mini Bowls featuring Bumble Bee Prime Fillet® Gourmet Flavors Jalapeños & Olive Oil
- 6 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (5 ounce) can Prime Fillet®® Albacore Tuna with Jalapeños & Olive Oil, drained
- 1-1/2 cups combined green and purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 small green onion, ends trimmed, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons chopped black olives, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoons fresh, chopped cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- 6-8 tablespoons mayonnaise, to taste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cut away about 1 inch of the edge of each tortilla to make them slightly smaller.
- Turn two muffin tins upside-down. Add each tortilla into the space between 4 of the cups to form a bowl. Place pie weights or dried beans in the bottom of each bowl to help keep them in place.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes, or until they begin to turn lightly golden and crisp up. Remove from the oven and when cool, remove the weights or beans and set aside.
- Add the tuna to a medium bowl and use a for to separate the chunks. Add the cabbage, green onion, black olives, and cilantro, and toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, chili powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Spoon the mayonnaise mixture into the tuna mixture, and mix to incorporate.
- Use a spoon to fill each of the taco bowls with the tuna mixture. Garnish with extra olives, cheese, and torn cilantro leaves.
- Serve immediately.
See the full post here.