Smoky Chipotle and Olive Oil tuna mixed with bacon, topped with kale and sliced tomato, and loaded with cheese for a quick, kid-friendly, simple meal solution!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 5 ounce can Bumble Bee Albacore Tuna with Cipotle and Olive Oil
- 4-6 large slices hardwood smoked bacon
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 slices bread of choice, I use whole grain white because it’s kid-friendly
- kale or spinach, cut into pieces to fit
- 2 slices tomato
- In a flat grill pan cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, drain and crumble. Reserve bacon grease in the pan.
- Combine crumbled bacon and drained tuna in a small bowl,breaking up the larger pieces of tuna. Place two pieces of cheese on each piece of bread, top each with an equal amount of tuna/bacon mixture, then top with remaining cheese, kale or spinach, and sliced tomato.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Return the pan to medium heat. Grill the sandwiches until just browned on both sides, turning carefully, then place on a baking sheet and bake just until the cheese is melted, 5 minutes or less.