Our Bee Nutritious experts, Willow Jarosh and Stephanie Clark, share their current tea obsessions:
If you know us, then you know we are MAJOR tea fans. We sip warm tea year-round. One thing we really love about this beverage is the creativity of tea — you can find any flavor to suit your cravings. We also love that tea is soothing. Just holding a warm cup of tea between your hands offers instant relaxation. From green tea to English breakfast, matcha powder, herbal infusions, and everything in between, we sip it. Here are five soothing teas we’re loving at the moment.
- Traditional Medicinals Cinnamon PMS Tea: This brand makes great herbal teas. They only use herbs and spices to flavor their teas and they’ve got really knowledgeable herbalists on their team who guide all of their herbal tea mixtures. This tea is meant to calm “frayed and frazzled nerves” and contains skullcap, lemon balm, and Saigon cinnamon bark. Because it doesn’t contain caffeine, it’s a great tea to sip in the afternoons.
- Numi Organic Chocolate Pu-erh: Pu-erh is a fermented tea from China’s Yunnan Province. It’s flavor is somewhere in between black and green tea. We love this chocolate pu-erh because of it’s robust flavor. The tea is flavored with cocoa powder, vanilla beans, rooibos, cinnamon, orange peel, and nutmeg. In other words, it’s delicious.
- Paper & Tea Sacred Emily: Paper & Tea is a company that is committed to tea. In fact, they go out of their way to source directly from tea gardens and only use environmentally sustainable production methods. They also like to derive their flavors from herbs, spices, and flowers. The Sacred Emily tea is a blend of Darjeeling (a black tea), with rose buds, rose petals, and jasmine tea. It’s floral. It’s also robust while also feeling very light.
- Organic India Tulsi Jasmine Tea: Tulsi is an herb that’s also known as Holy Basil. In Ayurvedic medicine, tulsi is known as an adaptogen–– meaning it adapts to what you need in terms of giving you energy or calming you down. Because this tea doesn’t contain any caffeine, but has a really beautiful, flower, bright flavor and smell, we like it as an afternoon tea. It picks up your senses but won’t leave you with caffeine jitters. Aside from tulsi, it contains chamomile, fennel, and jasmine.
- Trader Joe’s Organic Ginger Turmeric Herbal Tea: This is a new find from TJ’s and it’s flying off of shelves. One of the first things we questioned was whether or not it contained black pepper–– since black pepper helps to interact with turmeric to make it more usable in your body. It does indeed contain black pepper, in addition to turmeric, ginger, licorice, orange peel, and orange oil. This tea has a really refreshing citrus flavor and smell that we love first thing in the morning or after a workout!
What teas are you loving right now?